2017年上半年英语六级口语词汇知识点讲解(二十)
A : I am confused.
我真有点迷惑不解。
B: What is the matter?
怎么啦?
A : You really believe what he says?
你真相信他说的话?
B: But frankly speaking, he has never fluffed youoff.
坦率地说,他从来就没有把你放在眼里。
知识点讲解
Fluff sb. off 的意思为“不把某人放眼中”“冷淡或不理睬某人”“傲慢滴排斥某人”。
A: What a terrible man he is!
他这个人真过分!
B: What had happened?
怎么了?
A: I’m just surprised when he flew off the handleand told me if I mention anything about mother he skin me alive.
使我吃惊的是,他怒不可揭地说我如果再提到关于母亲的任何事情,他就要剥了我的皮。
B: Please forgive him, you know he was shocked by the truth that mother has gone awaywithout us.
请原谅他,你知道母亲丢掉我们就走了,对他触动很大。
A: OK, but we all have a broken heart, not just himself alone.
好吧,可是我们都很伤心,又不是他一个人。
知识点讲解
Fly off the handle的意思为“失去控制”“大发雷霆”。
A: Where are you from?
你来自哪里?
B: Gansu Province.
甘肃省。
A: For goodness’ sake, I didn’t know we are fromthe same place.
天啊,我还不知道啦,我们原来是老乡。
B: Did you have a good night tonight?
今晚过得愉快吗?
A: Yes, marvelous time.
非常愉快。
知识点讲解
For the goodness’ sake源于for…sake一词,本指“为了……的缘故”。例如:for the safty’s sake(为了安全起见),for one’s own sake(为了自己的利益)。在此,for the goodness’ sake用于加强语气,或表示厌烦、惊讶等,意为“看在上帝的份上,做做好事吧”。
本文地址:http://www.cetclub.com/cet6beikaoziliao/cet6kouyuziliao/2018-06-29/12312.html